Friday, July 23, 2010

Fail.

Alright, so this may (is) not quite on the topic of event planning, but I find it to be slightly relevant, in the fact that, this is what I'm currently dealing with, and the ever-famous phrase, "expect the unexpected".

I've always been fond of quick fixes, and how to solve a stain, politically incorrect phrasing, as well as any type of blunder or gaffe.  One of my favorite solutions that's not super well-known, is the deodorant fix.  So you got some white deodorant marks on your favorite shirt/dress etc.  Never fear - the easiest and quickest way to fix this is to rub the stain with the same fabric.  Lift the bottom of the shirt/dress and gently rub away the white stains.  I've found it to be effective in nearly 95% percent of the deodorant marks I've gotten on my clothes.  Very simple and so lucky to be able to be rubbed out!

This past week I've run into what I feel is a million (possibly an exaggeration) kinds of stains! We have had Coke on the carpet, I've seen two completely ruined dresses and a third one caught quickly enough that the stain was easily enough removed (knock on wood, it's still early! :) )

My friend happened to get an eyeliner stain on a favorite dress of mine, and while it seemed impossible to remove, through Oxy-Clean, and K2R Dry Spotlifter, the tenacious and feisty side of me came out and rubbed the living daylights out of the stain.  There were a few choice words between me and the eyeliner (it's fault, not mine! he he!) I was able to rub most of it out.  We'll see once I run the dress through the washing machine, but for now it seems to have been nearly completely rubbed out! (again, please knock on wood!!!)

I bought a brand new dress this weekend - more of a swimsuit cover up, but still cute nonetheless.  But being Alyssa, the oblivious gal, I definitely got popcorn oil all across the front of the bust of the dress later in the evening.  In my valiant efforts to remove the impossible, I attempted to douse the stain in dish detergent.  Unfortunately for me, the ditz, I didn't completely read the label.  Dish detergent definitely has a warning, "Do not spill on fabric, as this detergent contains chlorine bleach".  Whoops. So my 1-day-old dress still has the oil stain, as well as giant bleached blob across the front bust of the dress.  Cue to me pounding my head on the table. Seriously?

Well, in the efforts to look at the glass half-full, I decided to run back to Dillard's in order to (hopefully) find the same dress, same size and all.  Apparently God had figured out that I had  had enough! I got the very first parking spot and the very last dress available in this style.  And again, the heavens must have opened up because the last dress, was in my size! So, granted, my dress is definitely double as much what it cost, but has taught a very valuable lesson - Don't be a dummy! Read everything, and take your time!

To correlate this ridiculous situation into event planning, I'm sure everybody has spilled something on themselves, someone else, or the floor at some point, whether hosting an event or attending one.  In this event, I recommend Oxy-Clean.  I don't know what on earth is in this solution, and I'm not asking.  The only thing I'm asking, is for you to bow down to it.  It's the most amazing clothes-stain releaser I've ever seen in my life.  My awesome roommate officially has me hooked on it.  It's really never failed me and it's simply a miracle worker.  I have no other words for it.   I definitely suggest you keep some on hand just in case!

So now, I'm finally at a place where I just look at the first and only dress I've ever completely ruined, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.  I feel bad throwing it out, it barely got a chance to live! :) Do you have any creative suggestions as to what I should do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment