Monday, July 19, 2010

Quick Fixes

My roommate and I recently had a dinner party for some out-of-town guests.  We had cooked and slaved away all day to make sure the meal was up to par.  "Traditional" Texas fare was being cooked in 104 degree heat - no easy feat!  We had multi-tasked like crazy - getting ready for the evening to come, entertained some guests who had arrived early, and setting up the table.  It was, what I like to call, "organized chaos".

In the midst this organized chaos, I realized that while we had planned and planned and planned, we had a beautiful-looking table, with a bare middle.  With no centerpiece, I felt I had failed as a planner.  While everything turned out well, good food and company (that's all that really matters, right?) I was still puzzled inside as to how I could've created some type of centerpiece to get the finishing touches done.

In order to not be caught off guard like that again, I researched some good, cheap ways to dress up your table for an event or party.  Courtesy of Real Simple magazine, I found some wonderful options just to add a little something extra!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment