Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pretty Things Make Me Happy

I love color.  I think that color brightens any room, any outfit, and any personality.  In general, I'm a bright-colored kind of gal.  I'm a very visual person so I have always thought, "the hotter, the better".  This is probably best shown through my favorite color, hot pink.  Whenever I go to the coffee shop to work on my computer, I whip out my hot pink encased Mac from the hot pink carrying case.  I then take out my hot pink covered cell phone, and my ipod in its all hot pink shelled glory. I may as well be Legally Blonde.

There is such thing on overdoing it with color, especially one so bright. (who knew?!)  So i'm also a big fan of using neutrals with a pop of color.  I really enjoy accessorizing with color - necklaces, rings, shoes, headbands etc.

One of my favorite parts about weddings is to see the bride's shoes.  It's a fun game for me because it's so sneaky when the bride is wearing a long gown! I love to watch them walk and (hopefully) see the little flash of color as their feet trudge up and down the aisle.  One of the last weddings I went to, the bride had hot pink shoes, while her bridesmaids were in white tea-length dresses with hot pink detailing.  It was the perfect combination of playing with color, but not overdoing it.

I found the cutest pair of shoes the other day, and had to share.  They are definitely perfect to wear with any type of dress (though, I prefer neutral of course) and give a colorful kick to your outfit.  They have the perfect-sized heel (especially for someone tall like me) and the round toe helps that vintage feel.  The heart on the side of the heel, helps give a little more character and helps make the shoe flirty and girly. Besides, what's more classic than a patent leather pump?  I've absolutely fallen in love, and I'm planning on buying them by the dozen!
As found on Dognbird

No comments:

Post a Comment