Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Knowing Me is Loving My Dog.

Hey Y'all, 

I'm going to tell you about the most important person in my life. That's right, I said person.  

Meet Lainey. 


I say person, because she may have four legs and a wicked piece of weaponry with her tail, but she's got the temperament of a four-year-old child. She's my baby. 



I adopted Lainey from the DFW Cocker Spaniel Rescue, about a year and a half ago.  I was looking at the dogs and asked to see her outside her cage.  They opened the cage and she promptly jumped right on top of it.  I couldn't stop laughing, and she hasn't made me stop laughing in the past 19 months. The girl's got spunk.

Her favorite activities are making new friends, although mostly human ones, at the dog park. She plays fetch and returns the ball, ohhh about 45% of the time.  


So what really gets her tail wagging? Birds. Squirrels. Anything close in size and runs fast is her kryptonite. She's practiced and nearly perfected her sneak attack skills, although she has yet to catch anything. Sad face.

She specializes in stealing your seat 5 seconds after you've vacated it and tries to butter you up by cuddling (FYI, it usually works).  If needed, she'll stay close by, by walking on the top of the couch (yes, you heard right - she's a gymnast too), and perching on the most comfortable pillow.


Every morning, without a doubt, I find her army-crawling on the floor.  It's her way of stretching, but to see her army crawling from the bedroom to the living room and back, is just a riot. 

Lainey always prefers a mans lap to my own.  This weekend, she was laying in my lap, and after the boy sat down next to me, she got up and moved to his lap instead.  It was possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life. And unfortunately, nothing new. Sad all the same though.  

She enjoys Pupcakes, and doggie ice cream (don't worry, I swear she's not spoiled!) (HA, I kid!) 


She knows when she's being a bad pup, and is royally rewarded when she's being a good one! 

Knowing me is loving my dog.  If you don't love this sweet and insane personality, you have a much harder time getting to know me! Because, she's my person. 

 
As Always,

AJ

1 comment: