Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Bad Blogger Excuses

Hey Y'all. 

I've been a bad blogger.  But, what else is new, I guess? Another lovely blogger informed me that I need to update my blog.  So, I guess she at least reads this. Sorryboucha.

1. There's been some nasty weather around these parts.  Oklahoma and Granbury absolutely broke my heart.  It's hard to work up some motivation while also being glued to the TV and Twitter for updates on scary weather - including continuously updating the local radar to watch out for myself and my pup.

2.  My computer is wicked slow.  I think she's on her last leg.  Makes for some very long nights, and very little motivation to include links, pictures, or even pretend to be computer-savvy. 

3.  I'm trying very hard to lose weight. Sitting at a computer doesn't exactly inspire the metabolism.  Plus, I absolutey refuse to give up my favorite things in life - wine, beer, pasta, cheese. So, as you can tell, it's going really well.

4.  Work is busy, so blog reading time is restricted to after work.  And by the time I'm done reading my list, I'm exhausted and I can't focus on one particular topic.  

5.  My new iPad is killing me.  Between Candy Crush and beating the boy in Angry Birds Friends (seriously, it's the worst addiction - except for Candy Crush. ) It's the best vicious cycle ever. 



6. I started a puzzle.  Yes, I'm a nerd that still does jigsaw puzzles. And, well, it takes up the entire dining table until I finish.  So, there's not much space to do other things. So, it sits.  As it has for the past 3 weeks. I swear I'll finish it. 

7. It's the end of the TV seasons.  So, naturally, I'm starting up new TV shows on Hulu Plus - and doing massive marathons one right after another.  My days are taken up.  Sorry I'm not sorry.  Actually, I am sorry that I am not Olivia Pope.  Scandal is the best thing that's happened in a long time. I'm so mad there's only been 2 seasons.  Like, legitimately upset.  


This is just to name a few, anyways.  So, I'll do a very list-happy post, and tell you the things that have happened in my life in the past two-ish weeks! 

1. I ran a 5k! Well, more than I thought I would.  Seeing as it is my New Years Resolution to run a whole one, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and run with my running/walking group.  (Plus, the 5k offered free beer after...so, other incentives, obviously).  I finished 2 minutes under my goal.  Which, may not be saying much, but I really was very proud of myself (which I haven't been in awhile).  So, somehow I'm running/walking another one in 2 weeks.  I'm actually pretty jazzed, and it was my idea to run another one so soon.  Who knew!?

2.  My best friend had a baby.  I'm not a kid person, but when your not-by-blood sister has their first baby, something changes you.  I was so sad I couldn't be with her, and so sad I haven't met the sweet peanut yet, but I am so proud of her and her husband.  What an amazing feat! Sweet little Quinn was born 30 minutes before midnight last Monday (she seems stubborn - and I like it!).  And all I've done since then is try to figure out ways to hitchike to Philadelphia and back within a weekend to see my bestest and Quinny-the-Pooh.  Sadly no such plan has been hatched.  I'll keep you updated. 




3. The Office finale rocked my socks off.  I went there.  I promise you, I've never laughed so hard and ugly-cried at the exact same time.  It was ridiculous. Hysterics of both spectrums.  I'm not even mad. 

Sadly, that's really been the big things in the past two weeks.  The rest just fills in this ridiculous little life - and I'm very satisfied with that! 

Oh -  in anticipation of today's potential storms, a few of us acquired some glasses at work to help us out (yes, there are wipers on the glasses) (I work for a ridiculous company)


Tomorrow my department gets to take a half day and spend the afternoon at the Ballpark watching the Rangers take on Oakland.  It's dollar hot dog day and supposed to be beautiful.  I also have some pretty great co-workers, so I am pretty excited for this upcoming short week! WOOP!
  -->

As Always,

AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment