Sunday, November 18, 2012

In true girly-girl form, I came across these tables the other day, and squealed.  I must  have one!

I am currently revamping my room.  It used to be just an assortment of old college decorations, and free furniture.  It was a mish-mash of, well, free stuff, like, serious ADD when it comes to settling. I tend to have way too many ideas in my head, and have major issues to sit with one idea and stick to it. But, considering that I have been out of college for longer than I was in it, I've decided that it's time to start being an adult and redecorate to express who I really am.  So, slowly but surely, we're making some progress.

I'm ridiculously attracted to any and all things Shabby Chic (thanks to Target for lowering the prices and getting me hooked!)  I found a huge, beautiful glass vase with fake peonies in it, which now sits by my white Ikea dresser.  It was the most inspiring things I've ever bought.  I've basically decorated my room around this vase and flower.



The last major project I worked on, was in July of this year (like I said, slowly but surely!), which was painting my bright yellow and bright pink bench.  I made this bench my senior year of HS, and have become quite attached to it, considering I'm not super handy when it comes to actually constructing of things, without directions.  I decided to paint it bright yellow (I'm talking a little more neon than a taxi cab) and stencil designs in hot pink.  I know what you're all thinking. Hmm... BUT it fit my personality at the time.  I refuse to get rid of it, but it's begun sticking out like a sore thumb in my rose pink and white room. One day, I took the plunge and went to Lowe's and bought some ocean-teal paint and just went to work.  I can't even describe the difference it made. It totally brings the room together without looking like it doesn't belong and that I made it when I was 18.



So, long story long, but I came across these painted tables via Glitter Guide, I knew that this was my next project.  I am moving into my own place in February and can't wait to fix up a table to call my own. It's the little things in life, really.  Seriously though, how stinkin' cute are these?



No comments:

Post a Comment