Thursday, November 1, 2012

Job Hunting Organization Madness

I'm currently hunting around and looking to be inspired by all things parties. It feels so great to be excited and get my slightly-congealed blood rushing again!  

My night tonight consisted of job, whether full or part-time, hunting.  In event planning, the industry is really all about who you know and where you've been.  Being new to a city, with very little experience in the Big D, I've been struggling to find a way to do what I want and love to do.  The other day it came to me like a light bulb! I've got to start. I've got to start over, and bite the bullet.  I do have the luxury of having a job already - and I am aware and realize how very blessed and lucky I am to have one! With this, I also have the luxury to go out and really find something that suits me, and do something I love and am passionate about!  

So, what were my exciting plans this evening?


And how did it end?


With my little doggie on my lap, and full organization mode well squared away.  Sometimes I am ashamed of my organization binges, sometimes I am proud.  I am pretty proud of this one! I divided up the ads and listings in the magazines by: Event Planners & Companies, Hotels, Event Venues (other than hotels), and Other Vendors.  I really think this is a great start and I am really looking forward to the progress I hope to see with this.

My optimism is at an all time high right now.  Don't steal it away from me! :)

Have an amazing weekend, y'all! I know I am pretty super excited for my weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment