Sunday, March 24, 2013

Karaoke Staples

Hey Ya'll!

I'm feeling very inspired as of late.  Inspired in the sense that, I will forget all of my awesome and amazing ideas by tomorrow.  It was a good run. 

Onto tonight. This post was entirely inspired by the Thought Catalog.  It's my very favorite time wasting site.  I'm able to read 20-some age group inspired posts.  They are fairly relatable, while sometimes, not so much.  Wading through the nonsensical posts, and immature lists, I came across one, that caught my attention, in the current state of mind I'm in. 

I made 2 New Years Resolutions this year.  Generally, I find resolutions absolutely improbable, therefore, I absolutely make 1 beyond ridiculous but in my mind, reasonable, resolution.  The responsible resolution I made - was to run a 5k this year.  Now, whether I actually do it, or not, doesn't matter in the least to me.  If I do? Awesome.  I think it's a decent goal to work toward, but, am I going to behead myself and gouge my eyeballs if I don't? Not so much.  Maybe another time. (Sorry for the visual, I had to really paint a picture for you!) :)

My second resolution was to figure out exactly what Billy Joel is saying in "We Didn't Start the Fire" and sing it at a Karaoke bar (from memory!) by the end of the year.  This is one resolution, I very much intend to keep.  I'd like to be able to incorporate something interesting on my resume that sets me apart? Right? No? Blonde hair, don't care. I was pretty jazzed to make this resolution.

So, I'm incorporating both parts of this post.  My list of the Top 10 Songs I will absolutely sing with you at Karaoke (dependent on the number of G&T's consumed prior to the task).

1. Journey - Don't Stop Believin' (I know everybody does it, sorry I'm not sorry - you can sing along).



2. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer (Again, don't care.  Also, I will change the lyrics)



3. Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back to Me Now (To my girls - this is for you) (Also, this is filled an over dramatic interpretive dance, get used to it)



4.Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girls  (Don't worry, it's guaranteed I'll change brown to blue)

 
5. Garth Brooks - Thunder Rolls  (Well, anything Garth Brooks - I'm looking at you Friends in Low Places)


6. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart (You know you do too)


7. Bonnie Raitt - Something to Talk About (Shout out to my Eball!)


8. Eminem ft Rihanna - Love the Way You Lie (Because I'm multi-talented and sing both parts of the duet)


9. Katy Perry ft Timbaland - If We Ever Meet Again (for this, I'll need a duet partner - for the effect, of course) (excuse my dance moves) (sorry I'm not sorry)

10. Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There (Actually, please sub ANY Spice Girls Song)


Obvious Bonus: Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire


I wanted to put at least 15 on here, however, due to time constraints (totally listened to all of these - and danced) I had to stop somewhere.  I have a pretty general rule, that, as long as I can scream the lyrics, I'll include it in my playlist.  Nothing that takes too much skill...

Have your own dance party! Any you'd add on?

AJ

5 comments:

  1. haha love all these picks!!! i think I will choose some spice girls. always a crowd pleaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if you have the dance moves down! (Which obviously I do!)

      Delete
  2. No joke, when I was in third grade one of our assignments was to memorize We Didn't Start the Fire. I can't really remember why but I can still see the transparency sheet the teachers would put up on the projector to teach us the song, line by line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like the best class ever! I may hire you to teach me!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete