Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cheers! Slainte! Prost! Opa!


I was talking to a friend the other day and we started talking about toasts (the act of speaking, not the bread).  Toasts are very common in other cultures, but I feel like it's a very rare occasion when formal toasts are given here in America - At least in my perspective!



Toasts can add some class to your event or get-together.  They can create a bond and create a mood (or enhance the mood that's already begun!).  It's nice to have a little sense of camaraderie.

So I took some time to look around and find some really great toasts, whether beautiful, fun, or cute! They can be short or lengthy, I feel like it definitely depends on the type of atmosphere, venue, and situation.  I know in my case they'd definitely have to be a bit on the shorter side.


"May neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, the angels protect you, and heaven accept you."


"I drink to your health, when I'm with you
I drink to your health, when I'm alone
I drink to your health so often
I'm starting to worry about my own"



"Here's to the men we love
Here's to the men who love us
To the men we love who don't love us
Screw them and here's to us"



"Here's to the husbands that have won you
the losers who've lost you
and the lucky bastards who have yet to meet you!"





Cheers!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment