Sunday, March 17, 2013

Old

O hey y'all! 

How is your St Patrick's Day? I hope that you've thoroughly overdone yourselves.  Isn't that what St Patrick's Day is all about? Irish culture and the over indulgence of certain intoxifying beverages?

If you've ever been to Dallas, you'll know, that their 2 biggest party days are New Years and St Patrick's Day.  Although, some will probably argue that football season is insanity as well.  And, well, while with college football, they may have a point, I'll fight them to the death about certain pro football teams (GO PACK GO!). 

Anyways, with a certain birthday approaching in the very near future, I've had to come to the reluctant realization that I am not the young, spry gal that I once was.  Seriously.  I'm sure I'm getting a lot of eye rolls with that statement, but I'm pretty in touch with myself, and it's true. 

I'm. uh. old.



 While I try to ease into my late twenties gracefully, many of my friends are getting married, having babies and baby siblings, or doing the whole party lifestyle thing.  More power to all of them.  However, I find the eternal struggle as to what suits myself.  I'm in absolutely no way ready to even consider reproducing (this weekend helped solidify that reasoning).  However, my body has reached it's limit as to what it can handle "party-wise".  

So, what I'm getting at, is -- Yes, I'm currently in my mid-twenties quickly bordering on the very scary upper-twenties.  Yes, a full day of partying must be well thought out and planned accordingly.  And yes, unfortunately, according to HIMYM, "Nothing good," really doesn't "happen after 2am".  I mean really, if I am not in bed by midnight, I'm going to be a little crabby.  I really am not missing out on anything, right? 

Anybody want to correct me? Anybody think I have the right mindset here I'm serious here.  I'm willing to listen to anybody.  I feel like I'm failing as a human being! I love to have fun, and I have plenty of fun (as far as I am aware!)

That being said, Slainte!

1 comment:

  1. considering I went to a concert last night (SUNDAY) and he didn't go on until midnight there sometimes can be fun after midnight. although don't look at me today. i feel like death.

    ReplyDelete