Thursday, April 4, 2013

Deep Dark Secrets of Purses

Hey Ya'll

I'm still trying to figure this whole blog business out.  So, I'm finally going to attempt this business of "linking up".  Roll with it folks. 

So, Lauren, over at Pink on the Cheek is doing a very relatable post for Thursday.  "What's in Your Purse?".  God, and the rest of civilization should know, I have a million and a half purses, and considering what is in said purses, is may possibly be the best kept secret in the world. Best kept, just that nobody really actually cares.  I'm ok with either possibility.  

My PURSE! (Currently overused, and in need of a serious upgrade)

Steve Madden presents:
Isn't she a beaut? My favorite parts are the ribbon, and the fact that I can elbow the purse, or sling it!


I kid you not. There are 2 full-to-the-edge pictures of the shit in my purse.  Sorry, but it's true. 

Pic 1:



Wallet - Part of my Xmas present from the boy.  Thought it may be too big.  Turns out, it may just be too perfect-sized for my OCD.

Keys - House keys only. Key chains make it easy to grab from the deep dark pits of the purse. Standard baseball, bottle opener, champagne bottle in the stash.  Leather heart key chain is from my adopt-a-family in England.  It's a British cultural standard, instead of keys for my 21st birthday, you get a key chain.  It was awesome.  The Eiffel Tower key chain is a souvenir from Paris from the boy's trip in October! Silver with PINK rhinestones. He knows me well. 

Tampon - Obvs. 

Lip glosses, Perfumes, Lotion, and Compact - Because you always need it! 

Bottle Opener - It was free at BWW during the Superbowl.  I mean, I'm not going to say no...

Headphones - Just in case I need extras at work! 

Babes Business Card - I keep little mementos of dates and moments with the boy, this was one of them.  Haven't transferred it to the "bag o fun" yet!

Starbucks Gift Card - I don't even know if there's money on it.  But at least I have it, just in case? 


Pic 2:


Rings - Suppose I feel a little extra jazzy one day? Voila! 

Work ID - Turned over for obvious reasons, but I'd like to get in the building every morning, so I must! 

Donkey Kong - OLD Gameboy game. One of my favorites! My gameboy was left back in Wisconsin during Christmas, so I am not sure why I'm still carrying this around...

Wine Sparkled Purse Holder - Xmas present from my mama! It's surprisingly resilient.  I love it to pieces and tend to annoy those around me, every time I use it. And guess what? Blonde hair don't care. 

Yumilicious Gift Card - Because Free Fro-Yo, yo!

Make up bag - This opens an entirely different blog post.  It's filled with make up for retouching.  Let's just leave it at that. 

Keys - Car Keys. Yes, 2 different sets of keys.  Sometimes, especially when I switch to a different purse, I need only 1 set of keys.  Why use up space? In case I lose my purse (heaven forbid, I've done it enough times!) I should only lose 1 set of keys, not my entire life!

Hair Binders - I had no idea.  But I counted. Eight. There's eight of them. I rarely have any.  I will lose them all by Monday. Just you wait. 

Eyedrops - After Lasik Surgery, you never know when you will get dry eyes. 

Bottle Cap - Free Magazines! Free Movie Tickets! Since I drink Diet Coke like it's my job, why not help get something out of it?

Neosporin - I've been in a bad karmic place.  I tend to cut open anything and everything on my body. It's really a necessity. 

Batteries - I have Hearing Aids.  *Fun Fact*.  Each one dies every week.  If you've ever had the joy of really getting to know me, you know they die in the most inconvenient of places.  So I try to keep them on hand so we're not including a wild game of "who's on first" with our fun evening! 

Conclusion: YES I keep a lot in my purse.  But it's not a scary adventure.  It's really pretty tame.  Guys really should not be scared of wading around in it.  It's harmless.  Although, from one woman's perspective, it's pretty entertaining.  

Think my purse says a lot about me? (Over prepared for any scenario?) What about yours?

6 comments:

  1. look at you doing a link up, you so fancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably so wrong, but fun! You're next! :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE that purse. Like I need to get it now!
    Thank you for linking up with Carly and I!!

    Oh and you have a LOT of stuff in your purse...a Gameboy game?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! This was fun! And yes, I think it's time to purge...

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog from the link up, your hilarious & adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but at least it's fun to do! :)

      Delete