Monday, April 15, 2013

In Lieu of Birthday Shenanigans

Hey Ya'll, 

I've been searching for the right words, the right sentiment for a post tonight.  I really was pumped about sharing my birthday festivities from the past weekend - because it was truly one of the most fun weekends ever.  However, I just don't find it to even matter, or compare to the gravity of today's Boston Marathon bombings.

There are some things that affect me more than some - it doesn't seem like any rhyme or reason as to which things truly take over my emotions.  But the attacks in Boston today really hit me, for some reason.  I don't know anybody who lives there, but know people who do have loved ones.  I'm not great with truly voicing my emotions, and thoughts, but writing has always been the best way to speak my mind. You've all been in my mind all afternoon and evening. I promise.

So, forgive me, I'll try my best to post birthday festivities tomorrow, in hopes that we're able to piece together some of the details of today's events.  Ever the optimist, I truly hope we're able to grieve as a nation and pull together more than ever.  Ever the pacifist, as much as I can't even start to forgive what seems to us, a senseless act of violence, I can only hope for lighter days ahead.  

Hug your loved ones tight tonight! I wish I could! (Well, aside from the panting furball!)

AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment