Monday, April 1, 2013

Cabbage should be eaten raw, in fact that's Cole's Law.

Hey Ya'll! 

Food puns are the best, and you know it.  (If you didn't get it, read it again - I got it the third time!) Admit it, you at least rolled your eyes!!! 

I had to take a mega break from Pinterest after my Guacamole "incident". I may never slice an avocado again, I'm pretty traumatized. But I'm very ok with it.  Store-bought guac for the win!But I digress. 

Unfortunately, to succeed in life, I had to bite the bullet at attempt to cook again. Cooking also keeps me busy.  So if I have something on my mind, that's driving me bananas, I truly enjoy cooking.  Keeps my brain and hands occupied. It's therapeutic, even. 

I wanted something simple and light, in my (halfhearted) attempt to eat healthy and lose a few lbs. So, back to the Pinterest drawing board.

Roasted Cabbage it is! I've had some kick butt success with roasting zucchini, yellow squash, and green beans.  Plus, it's insanely and ridiculously easy.  So naturally, I was excited to give it a go! 

1. Slice up a head of cabbage, about 1" thick. (But be cautious of that knife!)

2. Lay the slices on a baking sheet with a light layer of olive oil underneath.  



3.  Put a small amount of olive oil on each cabbage slice.  Salt, pepper, as you'd like, for a bit of flavor (We all know cabbage isn't naturally zesty). 



4. Stick 'er in the oven for 40 minutes, and voila! Delicious. 



Who knew? It's eighty-five different kinds of healthy for you (I'm rounding that number), and super easy and light - perfect for a summer addition to your bbq! 

Also, I had to show off my new purchase. I'm pretty pumped. Glass cutting board and matching trivet? Such a domestic nerd.


Have a wonderful rest of your week! At least Monday's over, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment